Why does service sesame1/kaukoluwiki not start?
Problem: the local homepages do not work, for example these URLs show funny or no output:
first check if this works:
Then, these things can stop a service:
- reload the page - kaukoluwiki often has hickups on start.
- check if the service is listed in your .gnowsis_beta/config/services.xml
- look in the message-console, logger de.dfki.km.workspace. If the service as such fails, it will be here.
- look in the system.out and in the logger of system.out in the logging console
- look in the application folder, folder /log. kaukoluwiki logs there
- If all that fails, try to jabber one of the GnowsisDevelopers
- if this problem remains after jabbering, think about filing in a new ticket or write to the mailinglist gnowsis-dev.
What are those Exceptions when gnowsis starts?
First of all: don't panic. There are many exceptions that don't do much. Also, gnowsis in its full beauty depends on many services, if some services are not here, not everything will work.
How do I submit changes to gnowsis / I have a patch / I have a bugfix !
If you have changes to gnowsis you wish to be included in the distribution/SVN, this is great. Send us a patch so that we can put it into gnowsis. Patches should be sent directly to the main developers, a good guess is leo.sauermann(at)dfki(dot)de.
How to make such a patch? You checked out gnowsis from the subversion repository, then (using eclipse) you right-click on the project, select "Team..." - "create patch". In the window, enter a file where to store the patch, click next, ok, and send us the file. We will write an email to you after we commited the patch.
My resource-storage is broken? How to delete it?
If your resource-storage is broken (for whatever reasons) you can re-crawl it.
Just delete the following inside your .gnowsis_beta dir in your home folder: