(back to UseCases)
implemented in WikitologyGui
Paul meets an investor for his new office in Rome. He wants to associate this Meeting with his office-project in gnowsis. At the moment in his PIMO there is a Thing paul:InvestorMeetingRome and a Thing paul:OfficeRome.
These two Things will be associated to each other with the two triples:
- paul:InvestorMeetingRome - pimo:hasTopic - paul:OfficeRome
- paul:OfficeRome - pimo:isTopicOf - paul:InvestorMeetingRome
Stored in the PIMO-Storage. Actually, one of the triples would be enough if PIMO-Storage supports inference.
- Paul browses in his gnowsis to the Thing paul:OfficeRome
- User browses to the thing "OfficeRome" in the thing browser.
- looks like this: http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/~sauermann/2006/01-pimo-report/img-guithing.png
- default relation "related" is shown in a dropdown menu at the bottom of the "relations" list right after the add
- user changes the default relation by text-searching for the thing to relate, where the add is or he leaves the default one
- user enters the name of the thing to relate (the field should have auto-completion that makes text search over the labels, altlabels and wikinames of things) in the text field behind the "relations" Combo Box
- if user doesn't find the thing by text-search, can press a button "..." to select the thing using a tree-like popup that shows all things.
- user selects the property by text-entering it (or drop-down combo) possibilities see below in "alternatives".
- user clicks +
- he searches for the text "inves".
- from the search results (java window in sidebar) he selects paul:InvestorMeetingRome starts the drag
- drop ends in the "relations" list in the open thing at paul:OfficeRome.
- the new relation can be categories using a selection picking from:
- OfficeRome - hasTopic - InvestorMeetingRome
- OfficeRome - isTopicOf - InvestorMeetingRome
- OfficeRome - related - InvestorMeetingRome
- OfficeRome - hasPart - InvestorMeetingRome
- OfficeRome - isPartOf - InvestorMeetingRome
- Now Paul wants to relate Peter to this meeting, because he will attend him.
- So he browses again to the Thing paul:InvestorMeetingRome and adds the Thing representing peter per drag&drop to the list "related"
- The system will create the two accordingly triples and store them
- The relevant Things are not available per drag&drop (maybe the list/tree of all Things is too large)
- So Paul needs a different way to add Things to related-lists and hasTopic-lists
- For this case he clicks a "find Thing"-button, a popup-window opens and here he can searach for the Things in his PIMO