the miniquire sidebar showing assistance.
It consists of these panels:
- global search - allowing to search in PIMO and resources
- PIMOOverview - all classes / instances browseable
- Context - what have i clicked recently, what is interesting at the moment?
- ( mini-browser - short overview of a thing, showing relations of the thing )
bogus GUI features:
- The Overview to the left is based on the PIM-Ontology; it shows:
- Classes: e.g. Person, Project, Place, Topic
- Instances: e.g. Leo, Dominik
- Sub-Class relations between Classes: e.g. Project -> short-project
- Part-of relations between Instances: e.g. SemWeb -> SemDesktop
- The search provides two possibilities:
- Gnowsis complete
- The JList with resources consists of Documents / Resources that are about the selected class (e.g. gnowsis) and lists grouped (sorted) by whatever necessary (IMPORTANT: this are only pointers to the douments / resources!!):
- The Container shows the "hasContainer" relations
- The relations that are shown consist only of PIM-Ontology classes and instances (no resources!!!) and describe relations to other concepts / topics
- Interaction features:
- The Overview provides possibillities of adding / deleting / renaming classes subclasses and instances
- The search (that embeds the browser in the window) is split up in two result classes: 1)Concepts 2)Resources
- Wiki-Word and Wiki-Text can be edited
- Resources can be added via drag 'n drop (auto-categorisation will be made) or via the linker's "link to concept"-button; in both cases the added resource should be focused after inserting. Furthermore can resources also be removed via delete
- Containers can be added via drag 'n drop or datasource explorer. They also can be renamed or opended (exec).
- Relations can be added via drag 'n drop
Mini-Browser (only an idea, not implemented)
(this is new) Below the overview and context, a browser will show information about the clicked thing. Should list all resources tagged and all relations, just to quickly browse without opening the PimoThingEditor
Gunnar says: I reckon the MiniquireGui was maybe the worst part of the original gnowsis - the many panels really make no sense. KISS! These should at LEAST be tabs - and maybe be configurable/hidable. Someone make a mockup - and we can have a more concrete discussion.
Maybe better than this list of "panels" - list what functions this is supposed to provide (in relation to the UseCases?) and we can "design" it more properly!